Monday, October 10, 2016

I don't have a reason for posting today other than I just felt like writing. I ofttimes have so many thoughts swirling through my mind that writing them down lets them find steady ground. Kinda what I am searching for right now I guess. Life has morphed into something new again for our family, which at the current time is working quite well. My kids enrolled back at our local public school and are thriving. I wanted to love homeschooling. And for a time I think we did. It's kind of a feast or famine type gig in my opinion. We were all a bit sad to close that short lived door of opportunity, but happier to see where it took us and why we can appreciate where we are now. Funny how that goes sometimes. I am happy that my kids have been placed with teachers who, so far, are doing a marvelous job. One that I will never be able to duplicate. I know my role as mother is most important and doesn't need to be replaced. It is just refreshing to know that some people we meet are meant to be there too.

Another big morph to our lives is that my husband and I completed 7 Spartan races this year.  We dabbled last year with a couple races and kinda fell in love with the mental and physical challenge of the experience. Rob placed 101st in the world by the end of the season at Lake Tahoe and I placed 113th in the world for females. We couldn't be more proud of ourselves! Our kids also took part and raced in 3 of the Kids Spartan races which they too fell in love with. They continue to ask when they will be able to compete again. I love how they have acquired our drive for competition!

Rob has been challenged at work lately. He is striving to earn a director position with his current employer Nelson Labs. I know this is something he will achieve over time. I think he is closer than he thinks actually. I am so grateful for his integrity and work ethic. We have been so fortunate and blessed as a family because of him and I am excited to see where he will go next and how that will look. One avenue we have both seriously considered mostly as a side business is building an OCR (Obstacle Course Racing) gym. There aren't any in our area that we are aware of so it would kind of give us the upper hand. Not 100% sold on the idea or that we will even pursue it farther, but it is an interesting thought.

Work for me has largely been good. My clientele has probably doubled over the last year and a half which is awesome. I sometimes get overwhelmed at managing so many more clients, but am really appreciating the opportunities it gives us as a family. I kind of have the desire to shift what I do for work, but not sure what that equates to at this time.  I'd love to go back to school at some point to graduate with my bachelor's degree. I think in computer software, engineering, or something along those lines sound fun, but again, not quite set on anything yet. I know that schooling requires a lot of sacrifice which I am unwilling to do right now. I can talk myself out of most anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment